Mar 7, 2010

Sarah Palin Wows Right To Life Rally

Sarah Palin lived up to her billing as a national spokeswoman for the Right to Life.  Already a pro-lifer, coupled with supporting her decision to not abort her Down syndrome child, she told her story to 3,000 to 4,000 enthusiastic admirers on Friday in Columbus, Ohio at the packed capacity Aladdin Shrine facility.  They came by the bus load and shuttles; the elderly, the church groups, young people, all waiting to hear her story and listening as if entranced to each carefully chosen word.  By those in attendance, she did a great job and hit a lot of bases, even citing a Biblical proof text, Isaiah 49:16  to respond to those who criticized her palm notes:  "See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me." Who else can mix hilarity, God, the Bible, and palm notes at a Right to Life Rally.  Clip here: Video
"If what was good enough for God, scribbling on the palm of his hand, it's good enough for me, for us," Palin said. "In that passage he says, I wrote your name on the palm of my hand to remember you. And I'm like okay, I'm in good company."
The Rally opened with the Worthington Christian High School Choir singing the National Anthem. Video
Her introduction was by football star Chris Spielman.  Video
Sarah Palin did not disappoint fans as they thronged to the front stage for autographs. The event may not have persuaded her detractors, but it gave enthusiasm to prolife supporters.